Reaplce Thiel 3.6's Tweeter

I want to experimenting different types of tweeters (soft dome or silk dome) on my Thiel 3.6. Please kindly provide your suggestions.

Music: Classical

Current System

Source: BAT
Line Stage: Counterpoint SA -11
Amplifier: Modified Counterpoint SA-100s (bridged monoblock)
Interconnect: Silver Audio Appassionata and Stealth M-21
Power Condictioner: PS Audio PS-600 for source and line; chang lightspeed 9900 for amplifiers

Thanks in advance.
yu11375
I have been trying to accommodate Thiel 3.6's needs for the past five years. Now I have 27 tubes in my system (6 in source, 17 in line stage and 4 in ampplifiers) and still can not achive what I wanted.

Pop, you are right regarding the interconnects. They are silver which bring me the sound stage I love, open and wide. What copper cable would you recommend without sacrificing the sound stage?

Thanks!
Well I can only tell you what works for me so you'll have to take it with a grain of salt. I am an MIT guy, have used many models, currently using 350 reference between dac and preamp, and 350 shotgun evo between pre and amp, using magnum 2 speaker wire.

The only other brand I have extensive experience with in my system is Kimber, PBJ, KCAG, select 1011 and 1021, 8TC, and monocle xl. The MIT's offer, according to my ears, tonal accuracy and a presence and immediacy I have rarely heard even in showrooms with various brands. The also image very good. That said, one of the strong suits of Kimber is the imaging which is phenomenal but the immediacy and presence is not there.

I have Thiel 3.6's and they offer the soundstage you like when properly setup, they need space between them and all walls. I'm not familiar with counterpoint really, I use CJ premier 14 pre and Mcintosh 501's which offer a full lush midrange, huge bass, and very smooth top end. I also use an older meridian digital setup, so all of the components upstream are a little on the "laid back" side. Hope this helps.
Messing with the tweeters in kinda like messing with an older Chrysler Hemi engine...DON'T DO IT!!! Even if you do tune the system to your ears, you'll destroy the resale value of your speakers. Work with other components and assorted tweaks further down the audio chain.

For classical music, I would recommend vinyl, SACD, or DVD-A for a source. CD's just won't cut it on violins and violas...redbook CD's will give you a slightly etched, grainy, or scratchy presentation on these instruments. Very subtle on the best CD players, but still there
I am not familiar with counterpoint electronics but I have Thiel 3.6's with all conrad johnson electronics and they sound wonderful. I listen primarily to classical and female jazz vocals.

Chuck
As a Thiel owner, I absolutely agree with Pops: your first move should be to try copper cables and to take the Chang unit out of your system.