Vandersteen 1C - Best Integrated For Vinyl Lovers?

Can anyone out there please provide a suggestion or two for an integrated amp which will work nicely with Vandersteen 1C's - particularly for vinyl listening?

I'm open to pretty much anything used/new costing up to $1K - I listen to quite a lot of electric guitar music, so having a good solid low end would be my main concern.

Currently using a Nakamichi SR-3A with a Rotel RP-955 turntable, which certainly sounds pleasing - I just wish I wouldn't have to turn it up so loud to feel the bass properly. This is only the case when listening to vinyl, and not CD's. Subs are not an option due to the room size.

Any help is appreciated!
theunderlyingtheme
Yeah, if you know you're going to be into vinyl for the long haul, then investing in a nice cartridge makes sense (since you can always take it with you if/when you move up to a nicer table). At this point, I think a new cart. would equal your best bang for the buck. It might be useful to find out what the Nak delivers in terms of gain and what it's looking for in terms of impedence. If you can find this information, you might want to start a new thread in "Analog" asking for specific suggestions.
Well, I know it's almost three and a half years since this thread was initiated, but I somehow linked to it now. My Vandersteen 1C's have been getting along just beautifully with my Rogue Audio Cronus integrated amp since December 2007. Great synergy between the amp, speakers, analog and digital front ends (click on my system), with an extremely musical presentation. I love the way everything works together, and for my ears, in my room, it's a winnig combination. The Rega P3-24 table and Exact 2 cartridge seem to jive perfectly with the Cronus' built-in phono stage, and it's a great way to listen to records.

What else are my fellow 'Goners using to drive the Vandersteen 1C's ?
Nad 362BEE integrated amp. Sounds good - may not be the last word in resolution, but for <$500 it has great musicality and energy. Really enjoy this system very much. (Nad 545 BEE CD, squeezebox with Theta Pro Progency DAC, Tributary cabling and Chord interconnects).
If you don't need a phone stage, the Audio Refinement Complete Alpha works really well the Vandersteen 1cs. I previously had a Nakamichi SR-4A hooked up to them, but the Audio Refinement Complete is much smoother.