Vandersteen 1C - Best Integrated For Vinyl Lovers?

Can anyone out there please provide a suggestion or two for an integrated amp which will work nicely with Vandersteen 1C's - particularly for vinyl listening?

I'm open to pretty much anything used/new costing up to $1K - I listen to quite a lot of electric guitar music, so having a good solid low end would be my main concern.

Currently using a Nakamichi SR-3A with a Rotel RP-955 turntable, which certainly sounds pleasing - I just wish I wouldn't have to turn it up so loud to feel the bass properly. This is only the case when listening to vinyl, and not CD's. Subs are not an option due to the room size.

Any help is appreciated!
theunderlyingtheme
Let me address my response, (especially to Kehut and Tsugury) about Vandersteen 1C's and amps. I ran a post similar to the above about a month ago. Unfortunately my "experience" with these speakers driven by Musical Fidelity X-150 integrated is moving toward the negative column and here is why. First, it might just be that this speaker does not take well to SS amps, even ones priced about $1000-1200. On the positive side, the sound is extraordinaryly dynamic, but also congested and at times to "in your face" and the highs are often edgy. I realize it could be my set-up, but I think I know enough about about audio that the problem seems either speaker or amp related. I recently played two old favorites from my CD collection and the sound did not make me smile. One was The "Last Waltz" by the Band. It was almost unlistenable on my cuurent setup, especially the wonderful Doctor John tune "Such a Night"----this was not the case with other speakers like B&W, Green Mountain, and even the noble Large Advent which i have owned!!! Also, I played the "gold" Mobile Fidelity reissue of of "Layla"---not a great recording in its original form., but it still sounded better on other speakers I have owned.... If I go with a "tube" integrated, I don't want "flea" power meaning 35 RMS or less which seems anemic to me. So, again, I request the membership to suggest some "tube" amp options with more watts than above and also consideration of decent to good phono stage. I also own some vintage vinyl... Finally, Maybe, I just bought the wrong speaker for my (diminishing) audio needs; that is, should have spent more money for either the Vandy 2C's, or gone in a different speaker direction. Though, I was trying to economize and get the biggest bang for my buck by buying thw 1C's Thanks to all, Jim
Wow, vandy's "in your face." I've never experienced that with mine, and have had them for 6 years now. I use a sim audio I-5 (ss) amp, and listen to rock, acoustic rock and trip hop. Interesting. Different strokes...

- walkman
Theunderlyingtheme, I don't know much about and have never owned a Nacamichi amp but from what I could find on the web your amp puts out 45 watts per channel. My Cayin puts out 35 watts per channel and I never go over 12 o clock on the volume and that is very loud for me, but this is in a small room 20X13X7. I think there is somthing else going on because as Walkman stated ," I never experienced that with mine". My suggestion would be to repost your question but give more details such as size and layout of the room, cartridge, cd player, ic's, speaker wire , how loud you like to listen, music, etc. You may be trying to get to much out of them and the amp is clipping . It could be a number of things. I'm not saying I have the answear but there are alot of knowledgable people on this site who I'm sure could help you. Good luck. TG
My apologies for not giving a bit more details about the setup. It's certainly nothing fancy - the Rotel has an Ortofon cartridge, and it's just a run of the mill Sony SACD player. Speaker wire is typical 12-gauge. Doesn't seem like this gear would make vinyl sound "underpowered", though.

The Nakamichi is supposed to be about 40 wpc. Loudest levels for vinyl for me would be at about 11 o' clock. Trust me, I don't like ear bleeding levels. Room size is about 11' X 15', and I have to put the Vandersteens on the shorter side - they're probably about 8 feet apart.

I do have JM Lab Chorus 725 speakers in another room (which have three 6.5" woofers a piece), so I could try them with the Nakamichi to see if they provide something in the bass department that the Vandersteen's don't when listening to LP's. Although the JM Lab cost roughly twice as much, I just love the phase/time coherence of the Vandersteens, and that's why I want to keep my turntable matched up with them.

Whatever integrated anyone may suggest, I would defintely want it to have the phono stage already built in.
You might get more bang for your buck by taking your 1000$ and getting a better turntable and cartrige and hanging on to the Nak for a while. A grand should get you something like a Rega p25 w/ a nice mm cart. on it. Though if you're set on a new integrated, I'd second the Rega suggestion made above. 60w Mira's can be found here at audiogon for around 700. Good luck and have fun.