speakers for Naim CD5i + 5i amp

I've heard Neat speakers do well with Naim, who has
experience with this Naim combo and wich speakers are suitable, I prefer rock above classic.
willydelatter7b8b
I have had plenty of experience with the naim/neat combo. I n my opinion it was the worst sound that I have ever heard in my 30 plus years of owning equipment. Now let me explain, i owned a pair of neat mystiques and used it with the naim 5 and even the upper end naim gear, 202/200 and acdx2, it was soooooo bright and not fun at all, now when I switched back to a pair of Linn ninkas the sound was much better, i tried the neats with other gear including tubes...still bright. I know in England its a combo that they tout on the Naim boards as great, hey maybe it is but not to me. I would try a warmish speaker with your naim combo, I have used B&W book shelfs with very fine results, also Linn Katans might be a good choice, keep it simple and you will probably end eup with quite a nifty system.
you may also try any speakers from Royd, a samller British manufacture. John Ackroyd voiced the speakers using Naim components and many Naim users swear by Royds. I have a pair of Edens from 1990 in my bedroom that I think are fine speakers. They are more forward than the typical British (Rogers) sound. Very detailed, with subtle and tight bass. If you like rock you should try the small floor standing Royd Minstrals, which are in production.