Alternative to Dynaudio 1.3SE

I currently own a pair of Dynaudio 1.3 SE's. They sound great on most of the material I listen to. My problem is I can only place them about two feet(measuring from the front of the speaker)from the rear wall. On material with moderate to heavy bass I get too much boominess. I have been looking at some front ported speakers such as the Tyler Reference monitors. Would the Tylers be in the same league as the Dynaudio's? Any other suggestions? I can spend around $1500-2000 used or new. Thanks.
jimmymac
What kind of amp do you have? My contours were about 18-20in from the wall and the bass was just right. I used a Sim Audio i5080. Sims known for a very fast and realistic bass sound that some people might even describe as lean. It has a fast decay so it's gone before it becomes boomy. Hope that helps, but you could get the I5 integrated or w3 power amp depending upon what equipment your are using now.
I had a pair of Dynaudio 1.8 MKII's.
A pair of Carolina Audio JTM's will be your answer.
They can be flat back up againt the wall and don't need to be played LOUD to sound alive like the Dynaudio's.

GTF
Perkadin, I'm using a McIntosh MC162 amp with a Rogue 99Magnum preamp and a Cary 303/100 cd player. I have read that Sim and Plinius are good matches for Dynaudios.
Did you try to drive them with a more powerful amp? You might not except such a rough comment, but I used to drive mine, which are also two feet from the wall measesured as you desribed, with a MF 3.2 power (150 watt) amp and the room was booming business all the time. Swapped the amp for its bigger sibling, the 308 ower amp (250 watt), allowed the bass to become tight, detailed and controlled, with all boominess having disappeared then. This also induced the midrange to open up further and the total sound got amazingly good.

Cheers, Erik
Erik, I had thought of going to a more powerful amp but wasn't sure if that would solve the problem. I may have to give it a try. I know the Dynaudios love power/current.