What do you hear?

This was serendipity, but while changing cds I happen to get my ear about an inch away from the tweeter. I heard a little something that let me know it was on. Then I put my ear to the woofer (almost touching was the only way to hear something) and I heard the same thing. Both speakers. Becomes a tad louder (but you still have to be on top of it) when I crank the volume way way up. Can't hear a thing from a foot away. Is there always something in the way sound coming from a "live" speaker? If I put my ear to my Passion I can hear a little transformer hum, as well. I always knew that and it is normal for the amp. Can't hear a damn thing unless I'm putting my tympanics almost touching. What do you guys hear? Some sound normal? thanks in advance, warren :)
128x128warrenh
Post removed 
I hear my local AM broadcast, news, local weather,sports from right speaker. Howard Stern from left speaker.
You probably have worn voice coil fluid. Are you changing it every 500 hours or whatever the manufacturer recommends? FYI, I've switched to Audible One; it's a synthetic fluid that lasts 2000-3000 hours or more.
Faziod, very interesting. I hear Rush Limbaugh from the right speaker and Air America from the left speaker.