Single Driver Horn vs Multi driver efficient spker

I have delved into SET and have gone for multi driver speakers to single driver full range. They are OK, but lacking dynamics and punch. I have been told that GOOD(expensive) horns would do the trick, but I wonder if I should go back to an efficient Multi driver speaker, i.e. Coincident Total Victory. I know that SET and lots of drivers and crossovers are not the best, but I not over whelmed with the Single driver thing. I would appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1
Anybody actually auditioned the Zu speakers? I am primarily speaking of the Druid and the moniter.
Gmood1 I have "auditioned" a pair of Orions someone made. They were in a largish room ~300sq.
In short they do sound a lot
like planars with dynamics
as you say.
In fact they were outstanding. The ones I heard were driven by 8 channels of amplification and had the midwoof attached to the baffle (there's a mod available now if you want it mechanically decoupled).
If you can tackle the carpentry -- mostly straightforward -- you can get by with ~4k/pair investment (sourcing the assembled x-over from Mr. Linkwitz). I found the electronics a tad complicated to diy given my poor skills. Cheers
I've owned the Druids and now Definitions. Both are outstanding and fear no music/volume. They have the intimacy of single-drivers with the tonal balance and drive of multi-ways.

They are picky with electronics. Specifically, they must be quiet. Preamp volume can be an issue too, as 101 db efficiency gets loud in a hurry.

They do have a 60-day, no penalty trial period where you just pay the return shipping charge if you don't like them. Or, at least they did when I bought mine.
Gregm thanks for wetting my appetite. I had a good feeling about these speakers. Even though I've never heard them..they seem like an all around terrific design. A little bit of everything rolled into one speaker. That amplifier/ crossover does look complicated.Oh ummm I admit I'm a little lazy also when it comes to putting this stuff together. I think I would just pay someone to do it for me than deal with the headache myself.:-)
Great thread. For those of you in the LA area, many Hi-Eff fullrange driver speakers can be auditioned at the FREE Vacuum Tube Valley show in Pasadena on Nov 19/20th. Zu, Edgarhorn, Tonian Labs (fostex and Phy-Hp), Cain & Cain, the new compression drivers from Cogent. I'm really interested to hear some of the non-horn fullrangers from Zu, Tonian Labs and Cain. I had a chance to listen to a Tonian Labs speaker recently that have an 8" fostex driver (must be FE206 or FE207) supplemented by a ribbon supertweeter. Specs go to 42Hz. Enough bass for me, but not the visceral punch some might be seeking. Incredible speaker.