Eco-friendly Bamboo ply speakers

Anyone hear the Escalante Design bamboo speakers at the NYC show this year, i missed that room somehow. They make some pretty cool claims in their ads, but how do they sound? Thats a lot of money for monitors so they have some stiff competition in that range. Can anyone respond on the sound? Thanks for listening
jalanc42069
The problem with the claim of "Some bamboo species grow 48 inches in 24 hours, and can reach 100 ft. in 60 days", this is only a partial truth. It takes consistant watering of the plant for 8 to 10 years before it reaches this stage of phenomenal growth. During the 8 to 10 years it does not grow much. I understand their point that 8 to 10 years is faster versus the 50 to 75 years for an oak tree, but they seemes to omit the complete picture. It is a good idea for a speaker finish, thought. We have bamboo flooring in our home and we love it. I wonder if I need speaker to match our floor. There is an idea.......let me go and ask! It is either mahogany to match the furniture or bamboo to match the floor. Hmmmmmm, hey Baby, is it okay for me to purchase a new set of speakers to match the.....................
Well I came from the far east and used bamboo for home and furniture for economy reason. They willnot last for long time dry and cracks because of their body structured long vertical fiber. They're not high grade of quality to make speakers or funitures. IMHO.
You can DIY your own. Partsexpress.com has, or will soon have, Tang-Band 4" drivers for $34 ea. Pop 'em in their pemade cabinets at $125 /pr and you've got high-end speakers for $200.
Post removed 
If the speakers are like the bamboo cutting boards I mentioned previously, it's not a veneer. It is plywood of sorts. And SOLID. I mean SOLID. A rap of the knuckles on one of the cutting boards revealed amazing "inertness". It was about 12" x 20" x 1/2" and felt like I was knocking on Corian of similar dimensions, only much lighter.