I'm looking for thoughts on the Tyler Acoustics...

Linbrook System II's. I currently own Soliloquy 6.2's and I am looking for a speaker with a more extended top end and some extra punch in the bottom registers. My current equipment is a Sonic Frontiers Power II SE, Sonic Frontiers Line 1 SE and a Krell SACD Standard. I listen to just about everything with an emphasis on Jazz, blues and Classic rock. For those of you who have heard these speakers, how would you describe their sound? I am looking for a little more detail then what my current speakers are offering. Thanks for any help.
gsselling
Gsselling
Congrats on your speaker choice! I have the Linbrook Signature (one piece) They are wonderful sounding speakers. I have NO desire to "upgrade".
One word of advice - be patient. Ty's speakers take a long time to break in. 500 hours AT LEAST. When I first got mine, I had the sick feeling that I had made a big mistake. But as they broke in, my feeling quickly changed. I love 'em. :-)
Gsselling, Great purchase. Take Oldpets advise. His experience mirrored mine re break-in time and ultimate satisfaction (We have the same speakers). I initially thought Ty was going to get his speakers back! Not! :-)
Just chiming in: I bought my Taylo Refs used so I suppose they were broken in but one thing I notice is that they really don't sound good the first half hour/45 minutes with my tube amp. Then, things open up and they sound brilliant. Soundstaging is really good. I didn't notice this with my previous speakers. Everytime I play music, I think I made a mistake during listening for the 1st half hour or so.
Hi guys, thanks for the responses!! I should be getting them tomorrow. :) Plinko, I'll keep what you said in mind but im thinking that what you are hearing is your upstream components warming up and not your speakers. I've never heard of a speaker sounding poor cold but it is often stated that certain equipment does. Perhaps the Tyler's are transparent enough to allow you to hear the differences and your previous pair was not?
Greg