I'm looking for thoughts on the Tyler Acoustics...

Linbrook System II's. I currently own Soliloquy 6.2's and I am looking for a speaker with a more extended top end and some extra punch in the bottom registers. My current equipment is a Sonic Frontiers Power II SE, Sonic Frontiers Line 1 SE and a Krell SACD Standard. I listen to just about everything with an emphasis on Jazz, blues and Classic rock. For those of you who have heard these speakers, how would you describe their sound? I am looking for a little more detail then what my current speakers are offering. Thanks for any help.
gsselling
Newbee,
The other point of difference (if you are comparing the Sonata II to the III) is that the II uses SEAS drivers (like the Tyler), and the III uses Dynaudio. VERY different sound between the two.
And I'm still planning on coming up for a visit!
Hope you're well,
Howard
Boa2, FWIW, when I was considering the III's I was running my Jubilee/Jems which have Dynaudio drivers - thats what attracted me to the III's in the first place. I was unfamilar with the Seas drivers capabilities. I had noted that the Silverlines started out with Dynaudio but had to change to Seas when Dynaudio stopped selling them to speaker builders (and Madisound). I was somewhat cynical of the conversion to Seas by Alan in the II's, although that was probably totally unfounded. Although apparently Dynaudio has relented somewhat and Alan has reverted. And yes, the sound of the drivers, at least in an A/B comparison between the JJ's and the Tylers, is very different.
Sorry, Newbee. I realize that I should have been complete in my response. I happen to love the sound of the Sonata III. I just thought that the II (or the Tyler's) would answer more readily to Gsselling's stated preferences.
If your looking for similar size and price range to the Soliloquy 6.2 then the Linbrook system II or or Tyler 7U would probably be the best options.

The Linbrook, Tyler and Woodmere all use the SEAS Magnesium for the bass and midrange. Where the Linbrook and Tyler basically differ is in the tweeter. Linbrooks use the SEAS Mellennuim and the Tyler line uses the Scanspeak 9900 Revelator except the minimonitors which use the 9500.

In Ty's opinion the Scanspeak is more extended and smoother, but the SEAS sounds more natural. You can choose either tweeter for the Tyler or Linbrooks.

Since you mentioned more extension and Bass punch being primary goals the Tylers sound just like what you are looking for.

For owner reviews go to Audioreview.com. For professional reviews go to Ecoustics.com and do a word search. Should find all the info you need there.

BW Maxx
Talk to Ty, tell him what you want, and ask as many questions as you have. He'll answer e-mails, too, in case you don't like getting on the phone cold, especially if you think that someone will be pushing a sale in your face. Ty's a great guy, and his products are worth every dollar. I've only owned the Taylo Ref monitors and sub, and a set of Linbrook monitors, but the Tyler Acoustics sound and build quality will please you.