Tyler Acoustic Linbrook Super Towers

Has anyone heard these speakers in their system? How much much of a step up are they from the Linbrook Monitor? Thanks.
dumboat
Hi Bartokfan,
I chose the Super Towers over the Lin Sig System in that it throws a larger soundstage, according to Ty. Also, I have an excellent subwoofer, so what I wanted was a 'large' monitor (the Towers have the MMTMM config vs. the MTMWW config of the LSS, which would look to throw a larger soundstage, at least on paper). The Super Tower is also taller (a little taller than my Legacy Focus) than the LSS, which makes the sound stage taller. I like 'seeing' singers that are realistic in size, and the Towers do an excellent job of that.
Then I would agree with a excellent sub, the Super towers with 4 7 inch W18's per cabinet would throw one "super size" sound stage. Thats 8 W18's projecting the midbass/low midrange!!!!! Unreal. Wow! I'd love to hear just that speaker even w/o a sub on my best orchestral/opera selection. You may have provided this senario for others to work out, sub + Lin Super Tower for a spectacular vibrant sound stage image. As the T25 Millenium tweer is beefy enough to cross low enough to meet the W18's (the W18 which equally are engineered to meet tweeter higher w/o breakup) that tweeter will not get "lost in the fray' from competeing with 4 midbass'. That would be some folks concern. But I'd bet the tweeter shines through with color. Correct? I nteresting and creative setup you got there. I'd love to have your speaker with a single Seas Excel W26 acting as sub. Though not a "true sub", still it should deliver all the lower fq's with performance.
Bartokfan, I was also worried about the 4 7" mids overpowering the T25 tweeter, but that doesn't seem to be a problem at all. The Millenium tweeter is simply amazing. I was a ribbon tweeter guy all the way back to the older Infinity EMIT tweeters, but the T25 has certainly changed my mind on that. You are also absolutely right about the towers in the midrange/midbass regions -- simply unbelievable.

My musical preferences lean heavily towards rock/jazz, and you have not heard the power and attack of a guitar (acoustic or electric) until you hear it through the Super Towers. I even threw on an older Telarc disc called "Orchestral Spectaculars" yesterday just to see how they would handle some classical music, and I listened to the disc all the way through. The ability of the Super Towers to resolve the low, delicate passages and then to instantly transition to dynamic crescendos really is something special. The more I listen to them the more I like them.
Holly, from your comments on how classical music is projected as a full symphonic field of sound stage with EIGHT W18's in the Linbrook Super Tower's, this may help me to decide in my purchase of one of Tyler's models. The new Woodmere 2's have only 2 W18's, with 2 W15's + T25. I'm not so sure orchestra will have the body I'm looking for with the W15's. The T25 alone can carry all the violins, high winds etc, so that the cellos, bass cellos, violas, deep brass can have more voice with dual W18's in the Linbrook Sig Sys. So this may be my better choice which I was not sure of, that is until I read your comments. IF I could somehow intergrate a single W26 as sub into my system ( not sure if possible w/o dual amps) then I would also go with the Super Towers. But as it is , I'll stay with the Lin Sig Sys for its dual W22's, which carry excellent low bass. The Super Towers are now on my mind, and will take a closer look at them. Considering most of the orchestra is in the midbass.midrange fq's, I may have Ty cross 2 of the W18's in the Tower's real low, still they will not carry the authority of the W22's in the Lin Sug Sys. The cellos, bass cellos will sound "weaker' with via the W18's(Super Tower) vs the dual W22's(Lin Sig Sys) Tough call. Do I want the HUGE soundstage with great orch presence ,of the Super Towers, or the deeper voicing of the cellos in the Lin Sig Sys. Tough call.
???
I am not surprised the Millenium does not "get lost" among the voicing of four W18's.
Keep us up to date on your review of the Lin Super Tower. Very few folks know much about this model. In fact I hardly ever see Ty ad it.