Is my setup mid-fi or hi-fi?

Parasound Halo P3
Parasound Halo A21
JPS Labs Superconductor2 BiWire Cable
JPS Labs Superconductor2 Balanced XLR Interconnects
Totem Acoustic Mani-2 Signatures
Totem Acoustic T4L Stands
Totem Acoustic Beaks (2 pair)

I have yet to deceide on a CDP, and the JPS Labs stuff is shipping right now. Is my setup considered mid-level or hi-end to users on this board and what do you think is my weakest link? And what should I be looking at for CDP's?
slov_dream
Remember the "Law of diminishing returns?" Nothing in the world is a better example that audio. You can certainly quadruple your monetary outlay and easily end up with less than you have now.
Everything in audio has turned so subjective that there are NO truths anymore (although I think when you cut through all the BS, the truths are there.)
If you look at the almighty specifications, then tell me what midfi is? I will make a statement that a lot of guys in a blind listening test would not be able to tell the difference. The lower cost stuff like NAD and the like is capable of outstanding reproduction but would be considered mid-fi by most.
Do like Parasound did with their CD player once (no joke) they put nice connectors on the back and placed a ten pound lead bar inside the player to give it that "Hi-end" feel!
Take an NAD and surround it in a nice polished enclosure and add a few spiffy connectors and it would move right into the world of hi-end!
Money doesn't dictate crap and your system is very fine indeed! Sit back and enjoy it. Once you get on the trail to sonic nirvana, it will never end and all those manufacturers know this. Why do you think they come out with the "Revolutionary" sound of the month?
Ah, I'm afraid it's lo-fi.

As a favor to you, I'm going to give you $1000.00 in
cash, and take all of it off your hands.
This will give you seed money to start fresh!

Just try and enjoy the MUSIC, thats what it's all about.

Well, I'm gonna go now and crank my Sanyo rig up.
Would it make any difference to you how I or anyone else here would categorize your gear? It shouldn't. There are no industry standards on which gear falls into which category. "One man's trash is another man's treasure."

I think your weakest link is in the lack of a source component ;) As far as a CDP goes, your best bet is to drop in to your local audio emporium and have a look-see at what he has in the rough price range of your other components, take a couple of them home and audition them in YOUR system. Maybe others can make less general recommendations based on their experience with your particular equipment.
Just enjoy your system and tweak it when you think you can make a real improvement
There'll always be someone with more toys, a fancier car, a bigger house, a bigger shlong, etc. And unfortunately there will always be those who use such things as the measure of a man, as well as the handfull who know that none of it matters one wit. Enjoy what you've got! Listen to more music! Get out of your head and quit trying to pidgeonhole yourself and the rest of the world.

Marco

....whew, almost tripped stepping down off that soap box!