Is my setup mid-fi or hi-fi?

Parasound Halo P3
Parasound Halo A21
JPS Labs Superconductor2 BiWire Cable
JPS Labs Superconductor2 Balanced XLR Interconnects
Totem Acoustic Mani-2 Signatures
Totem Acoustic T4L Stands
Totem Acoustic Beaks (2 pair)

I have yet to deceide on a CDP, and the JPS Labs stuff is shipping right now. Is my setup considered mid-level or hi-end to users on this board and what do you think is my weakest link? And what should I be looking at for CDP's?
slov_dream
Does you toe tap when you listen?
Is there a smile on your face?
Are you relaxed while listening?

This is all that matters!
Remember to take time to enjoy the music!

The CDP is a very important part of you system.
What is your budget? Do you prefer new or used?
What type of music do you listen to?
Is your system too bright are you looking for a warm CD player, more bass... state your goals for you system so you can match it accordingly.

Chris
Hi-fi by half a car length.

Seriously, mid-fi is merely really reference to certain brands as opposed to a label for a system. There is no hifi begins "here", so don't concern yourself.
How about mid-hi?

I have a neighbor who can't place her order at the restaurant without asking the waitress what she would eat and whether each and every entree is good! Who cares what someone else thinks? Decide for yourself. Does it sound good? Do you go off into la-la land while listening? Can you afford other things in your life or have you spent 1/2 a year's salary on your hi-fi/mid-fi/low-fi system?

WRT the CDP, do some listening while some friends swap out CD/DVD players ranging from $50 to $1,500 (used price). Connect to your processor digitally (coax). Wear a blind fold. I'll bet the farm you can't rank the players according to cost.

I've read a lot of junk here and it very rarely agrees with what I see or hear when I am auditioning AV equipment. How many of these folks have had their hearing tested? Or their color accuity, for that matter?

Buy what you like. Like what you buy!

E in R.I.
Open your wallet. Turn it upside down. If money falls out, it is mid-fi. If such is the case, take the remaining money and buy a nice meal and some good tunes to enjoy on your system.

Trying to make everyone agree that you have a "high end" system on this forum will have you taking out loans and maxing out your credit cards. So long as you enjoy what you have, there's no need for anything close to that. Sean
>
"High end" is the most over used word on this forum. As for mid-fi and hi-fi---what is really the difference? 1/2 hi-fi + 1/2 hi-fi = 1 whole - fi!!!!!!! Someone coined a phrase to attempt to part you from your money from you as Sean says.