Spendor Bc1 what is a good upgrade mod ?

Hi there
I was looking to sell these but cant depart with them , does anyone know of good upgrades to these speakers , i have read that the crossover can be replaced with a modern version from cicable.com , has anyone tried modding the front port to make the bass faster? ,i know the bass is slow which is fine its just a bit to boomy , any ideas anyone , i dont want to move away from these as i dont have a lot of time to audition many brands and dont want to make the wrong choice, hell i have been there before . Any ideas . Thanks. Phil.
steam3642
I have a chance to get a pair of B&W DM 620i speakers , would they be a good alternative to modding the Spendor BC1 ?
I haven't heard the B&W but love the BC1's. Whether you stick with them or not I would put Marigo VTS bands on the basket arms of any dynamic driver. One of the better mods out there.
I am still looking at a pair of TDL monitors , due to the same type of drivers , a bit like BC1s on steroids.I dont think i will sell the BC1s whatever i end up with , i got an e.mail from cicable.com regarding the BC1 crossover upgrade and the price was through the roof so Marigo VTS bands could be the go , the BC1s will only go for loose change on the used market so whats the point , they still sound great with more laid back music and also i have discovered they sound much better with vinyl than cd but i guess thats no surprise :-)
I agree, I wouldn't sell the BC1's. Installing 4mm white Marigo dots on the corners of my cross-over circuit boards provided a nice improvement as well. Actually I only had enought dots left for half a treatment to the cross-over boards.