Maggie's and cats

I am thinking of taking the plunge on a pair of Maggie 1.6's for my second system (surround system). They seem like the best sound I can get for the money. I have two great reservations however named Heebee and Geebee.......... my two cats. I had the speakers home for a couple of days for audition with no troubles, but can just imagine walking in the door one night to find they have been turned into a huge jungle gym/scratch post by my two manx'. Is anyone out there in a similar situation? Has anyone found any solutions to the problem. Up until now I had not even considered these speakers for this very reason; thing is I really like the sound (and value).

Thanks
Cmo
cmo
If your having cat problems, you can try playing Ted Nugent's "Cat Scratch Fever" loudly though your system (like a burn-in cd) and I'm sure they'll stay far away.
Plato's idea's a good one, or you can try placing (don't laugh, it works but doesn't look too pretty) some orange peels (a few) around the speaker area on the floor, won't hurt anything, but cats HATE citrus !!!! Guaranteed
You can rent our Bullmastiff, Diesel, for a day (see my system page). He'll take care of your cat problems for sure. If you live outside of the Pacific Northwest then I bet there'd be some willing dog-owners in your own region.

The duct tape idea is great, but for better holding power go to a photography or cinema supply shop and as for Gaffer's Tape instead. Lill' precious won't doesn't stand a chance with Gaffer's!

Wil'E'Coyote might suggest an(Acme Brand) anvil placed strategicly atop the edge of each speaker. A spatula may come in handy there too.

Marco