under $300 bookshelfs: does excitement exist?

sub sidized of course.
dylancaroll2002f250
I would go used...just on audiogon now...B&W cdm2 se...retailed for #800..asking $350...these are very good speakers...and in my estimation...way better than the cdm line they replaced and the new 600 series...others to look for...Linn Kutans, Castle RIchmonds,...good luck...also...if you can wait and go $5-600...well...thats when things really get interesting...good luck..
It was your thread, Dylan, it was a good topic. As you see, there's lots of life in the under $300 league, including your maggies! Talking about this stuff was almost as much fun as listening to my Athenas! Cheers.
Forget about the new, lower end Epos that goes for 2 and change, I would vouch for a used Epos ES11 between 3-400. That partnered with excellent amplification can give exquisite results for the money spentExcitement is to be had at 3 and a little more, for sure.
B&W 600 series 3 is around $300 with dealer discount. Kevlar is a lighter, faster better driver than the 303's carbon fiber. But it depends or listening preference I suppose.
I like www.creativesound.ca elf 1.5's for $125/pair. Different but in some ways much better than B&W since it is a single driver design.
Cdc: I'm always on the lookout for fun new cheapies, tell me more about the elfs please. Thanks.