Your ''best kept secret'' speaker choice ?

Some manufacturers have the financial means to plaster magazines with ads. For other, they are still at the word-of-mouth stage, and many will not get past this line.

I was wondering what less-than-well-known, or obscure speaker out there stand out as particularly gifted both in sonics and value ? Could be in any price category....
sonicbeauty
ESS speakers are my pick. I've heard many more expensive brands, and I wouldn't trade mine for any of them. They can be bought direct from factory for less than $1500 per pair. A bargain to say the least. I haven't heard the Kitharas, listed above, but I imagine that they are very good as well, as they also use the Heil tweeter.
I would say Royd Audio from England. I know of only 3 dealers of the speakers between Canada and the US. Royd is a small manufacturer of speakers and are not very well known in the US but they do have a cult following in Japan. I have a pair of Doublets - small towers with an MFM configuration. The sound is incredible from these speakers.

Dave
Have to agree 100% on the Green Mountain Europa's. Have had mine for a few months and they just keep sounding better and better. These babies are the real deal. Sounding more like real music than most anything I have heard. If you haven't heard them, do yourself a favor and audition them. Once you do, you'll be on-board the Europa bandwagon, i'm sure.
Spendor SC3 center channel (88dB MTM versions of the S3) turned sideways used as a stereo pair! Why the hell doesn't Spendor wise up and market these thjis way?!