Anyone have heard of Tangent RS-8 speakers

Has anyone heard of the topline speaker from Tangent 25 years ago? What's the speaker sensitivity?
Is it musical?
I wonder how this pair compared to the modern speakers.

TIA
s23chang
I recently finished a refurbish job on a set of the Tangent RS6's which use the same drivers as the RS8's, the Kef T27 and the Audax bass mid (two in the RS 6's in a two and a half way configuration and no lack of bottom end here). I was a dealer in the 80's and we sold many of the Tangents with NAD, Hafler, Michaelson and Austin and Bedini for amplification.

Sensitivity was low, in the 88-89 dB range if memory serves me right and thoroughly British in all respects. Plywood veneer cabinets, quality crossover parts and very decent drivers. I paid $150.00 for a set of RS6's in early spring from California.

I've searched for RS8's but yours are the first I've seen mentioned.
I owned a pair . They ran $1600.00 the pair and they were the best dynamic I had ever heard. The RS-8 was the only true three way they made, beautiful rosewood cabinets. One big disadvantage: the woofers were made by Dalesford, a 10"bextrene unit prone to voice coil damage if driven at high levels and no replacements available (or equivalent).Since then I have built my own speakers,and all have turned out superior to them.
I have a pair of RS6's. As far as I know they were the one of the first pairs here in Kitchener, ON (maybe Canada). They were shipped in from England. I purchase them in 1977. They have three drive units (Audax drivers HD20B25J) 1" dome tweeter, 6" bextrene cone mid-range, 6" bextrene cone bass and Teak finished floor standing cabinets. Rated up to 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms. If someone is interested I have the original packaging.
The original packaging?!? Amazing! The speakers are very hard to come by these days. Are you sure they are 6"? Mine are 8".

I have a pair of TM1's, RS6's and RS8's. They still sound great to my ears all these years later.

In my opinion, they are best with classical music. But, of course, I listen to rock, pop, classical, some jazz, etc. A very British sound indeed!

Tangent actually made their own electronics to drive their speakers. High current map and preamp - rated at 220W a side (impressive for those days!).

A friend has a pair of RS2's - they are the best small speaker that I have ever heard.

Gary
And as a last note....

One of the last things the original Tangent company was working on was the RS-10 model. It was never produced.