Best Complete HomeTheater USED for $5000.00

Experienced Audiophile - who want wants switch to Home theater for a while. Though I still want to enjoy my CDs on two channel ? Also whats the best / largest Plazma under $5000.00
Please help.
Thanks
128x128saffy
>>I suffer when I listen to my music in two channel<<

That's because you're listening with low end home theater gear.

The way to have one's cake -- excellent two channel music -- and eat it, too -- add 5.1 Home Theater capability -- is NOT to start with gear that will make you suffer when you listen in two channel and then surround yourself with more of that kind of gear.
"...you wouldn't buy an expensive turntable and put a $19 cartridge on it an expect greatness. How can you only buy 2 out of 5 speakers and expect greatness? Wasting your money with that mentality."(cinematic systems)

This is analogy is off track IMO. It's not nearly the same thing comparing expensive tables/cheep cartriges with 2 vs. 5 speakers. We're talking quality vs. quantity here...apples and oranges!

I currently run a 5.1 system that's being upgraded as we speak to 7 channels plus sub (there's no such thing as true 7.1 yet folks...at least that I'm aware of). And yet were talking about 7 channels of high quality, superbly integrated, superb sound quality, if even a more modest separates system in a small room. Still, I've owned just as satisfying of a system with a 2.1 channel setup,using higher end gear, with 2 channel pre, tied together with an AV digital pre as well for movie watching (a necessity).
Different, but they're both very effective and rewarding.
You DON'T NEED TO HAVE MULTICHANNEL to get a good sound experience, indeed NOT! It's just different, perhaps more effective at enveloping for multiple seating arrangements. And yet, you can easily (I can at least) enjoy the tremendous sound quality, pressence, coherence, refinement, and dynamics of a well constructed, properly integrated 2 channel AV/music sysetem! It's just in how you put it together.
And, you know, even after all these years as an avid audio-guy, I still believe the picture quality and size is more important ultimately. There's nothing quite like the large quality big screen experience when done right. Now tha thigher def is becoming more standard (HD DVD coming), and technology is getting better and cheeper, getting "bigger" is a much more interesting proposition.
And yet, I'll still strive to tinker and tweak the best darn audio systems I can for my budgets. It's all good...
Without first knowing your room size and setup options, I probably vote you just add a dedicated AV processor (even an inexpensive Acurus ACT 3 would more than suffice...more than good enough for movies, very dynamic/clear) for movies, a subwoofer, and be done with it!!!! You won't need drastic setup changes, nor a radical trasformation.
On the other hand, er, what's your room like?!

From saffy

Say I got the best used projector under 2K, with a pull-down screen.

Kept my previously mentioned 2-channel system as is - but added an AV processor.

Questions:

-What speakers would I need to add / if any?(Sub-center- Rears)
-How would I connect the AV to my Jadis integrated??
-My Theta DVD does not have Proscan - is that an issue?

My room is approx: 15 x15'

Thank you
With a none-pro scan DVD, I doubt you will like the results, you will get a "screen door" affect. The pixel will probably be very visible unless you are fairly far back, but it may work.

As for speakers, pay close attention to the center it works the hardest, dont skimp here.
Are you using existing speakers for front L/R? If not do you want full range floor standers or monitors?

5.1 or 7.1? 6.1 is a bad idea, only 1 speaker in back will give you cancelation problems.
Another thing to think about is a standard mono-pole speaker, or a wider sound of a bi, or di-pole for surrounds
I would have to say a sub is a must, but if you are ever going to want to get into SACD or other multu-channel music you may want to look into a "fast" sealed-subwoofer.
And when looking into a projector, pay close attention to fan noise, some are pretty loud and annoying at low level play-back.
as always email me if you wish....best regards Chad