Washington Post Article

Just wanted to alert members to an article appearing in the Style section of today's (6/13/01) Wash. Post.It is one of those articles that seems to be recycled every few years ridiculing the excesses of the audiophile community. As is typical it focusses on the bleeding edge fringe of the hobby, profiling a man who is at $140K and counting,is obssesed with stopping hum being produced by his fridge. The article includes some quotes from Deja Vu Audio pointing out to the reporter a $10k turntable and a pair of speakers with "magnet-suspended" tweeters. Just what we needed! My girlfriend described the article as a disturbing glimpse of what I might become. (My system is circa $10K in total.) Thanks again to the mainstream media for shining a light on the seedy underbelly of the audio community.
128x128jond
"They listen and spend, then listen and argue, then listen some more and argue some more."

Hey that kind of sounds like this web-site that I check on everyday! I just can't remember which...
"Modest home in Mclean....."

I just read in Worth Magazine that the median home price in mclean is 515,000.

I did a gig up there at a church (ussually easy to find right?) but I couldn't find it because the mansions surrounding the church where all bigger! Mclean is not part of my world....but I wish it was.....
The majority of the above thread appears to me as though we're trying to kill the messenger because we don't like the message???
Geeks picked up on this article too :

http://slashdot.org/articles/01/06/13/1857218.shtml