Shakti Stone?

My dealer is sending me one to "audition" It will be tried either on my Pass Aleph-3 or Rogue Audio 99 preamp.The 99 has an outboard power supply.The 99 has 4 line-stage tubes and 4 phono tubes.With the outboard power supply with the 99 can there still be a chance it will do its magic or is the Aleph-3 the likely candidate to wear the stone.Has anyone had any big improvements with a Shakti Stone??
david99
david99: my advice is to place the shakti in a pre-heated 300 deg. oven for 30 minutes, then with mittened hands put it under the foot-end of your covers when abed you go on a three dog night. on a slightly more serious note: the presumed effect of the stone is more likely to be perceived on your pass than balanced atop the rouge's power supply.
I use 3 stones- one of them on top of DAC area of CD player- noticable results- slightly smoother, hair less grain, etc. (guess its reducing digital 'hash' etc.). Second stone is on top of DCS Purcell upsampler, and third is on top of A/V processor. I tried on top of tube preamp, but not as much effect. Overall, I highly recommend. Hey, whatever its doing- works for me!
Of course it all depends and the design and existing EMF shielding of each component. I have played with stones on various pieces, easy to test just listen with and without, and I feel they don't make a noticable improvement. As a matter of fact I could detect no real difference in sound. But with any tweak item, different systems may produce different results. My epuipment is all Musical Fidelity SS, Bel Canto Dac1.
David-You might want to check out some VPI Bricks they cost $80 a piece and do the same thing as the Shakti plus mass damping. I use them on my CAL Icon CD player, my Ayre V3 amp and EAR 834P preamp, on my Audible Illusions M3A I could not use them because of the venting so on that piece I use a series of brass wieghts that Pierre Sprey at Mapleshade sells called Heavyhat Triple points. Pierrie's wieghts are used only for damping. The wood affect also IMHO brings out a more natural sound to the instruments. See link below: http://www.audioadvisor.com/product.cfm?productid=2573 Another great new tweak are the Cardas Wood blocks, I use them coupled with Black Diamond cones, and the effect is not subtle. I put them between the equiptment and the BDR cones. The Cardas RCA covers are also great, much quiter background. Best-Gary