Echo Buster or ASC for room treatment?

Hi, I need something to treat echo problem and bass management for my room. However, I don't know which company is good Echo Buster or ASC. The Echo Buster seems to be a little cheaper than the ASC. Does anyone use of these products, please give some feedbacks? Should I spend more on ASC or Echo buster is good enough? Where can I get a best price on these products? Thanks for your inputs. DT
worldcup86
I use both. The ASC products give you the ability to adjust brightness. The Echobusters do not, but are still a fine product.
worldcup86: i think you may have unintentionally asked the wrong question. whose products work best is generally dependent upon what you are trying to achieve. you say you have both "echo" and "bass management" problems. these could be caused by any number of things but are probably related to the construction and layout of your listening enviroment, the setup of your speakers and other components and the interaction of the furnishings, etc. a lot of folks pretty much automatically install treatments designed to deal with the most common forms of acoustic problems. this is why you see, for example, tube traps or the like in many installations, since corner-loading is so frequently encountered in most rooms with walls that meet, more-or-less, at 90 deg. angles. (that's how and why asc got started.) i suggest you read some of the recent threads here on acoustic/room treatment to get some ideas of what works best (a number of these threads also offer suggestions on basic or advanced texts). also lean on your audio friends for advice (to be regarded, of course, as you see fit). once you get some ideas on what you may need, then look for products or diy projects to solve the problems you are likely experiencing. i hope you forgive these generalities but fact is: the more you read and listen to the greater the probability of your suceeding in acheiving what you seek. pretty much like everything in life, eh.
Good idea Cornfedboy. Can you suggest where might I start for reading on the room accoustic treatment?
An excellent book on the subject is The Master Handbook of Acoustics bu F. Alton Everest. He also has another book called Sound Studio Construction on a Budget, which I have not read but people here also say is good. Cheers, Dan.
Some good posts here. I would add Argent Room Lens as a possibility to your list. While I haven't used them I've heard that they are better then Echo Buster (which I have used). I sent Echo Buster my room layout and had them put together a suggested treatment scheme. After all was said and done the total price was around $1500. But, and here's the rub, no bass management. I've tested my room and there are clear resonance modes below 160 Hz and down to about 35 Hz. So, $1500 wouldn't even cover my worst problem. From what I have read about Argent Room Lens for around $1200 - $1300 you get management of nearly the entire spectrum. Of course, with the Argent Room Lens you need to spend the entire amount up front; with Echo Buster you can spread the pain out over several months or years. As always, my advice is to read, read, read. Jon Risch has an excellent site for DIY room treatments that are cheap and, he claims, `better than most of the consumer stuff (I'm having trouble connecting to his site, so I'll post the address later).