Sonic Frontiers, what is going on??

Does any one know why SFI equipment is sellinh new for less than 50% of its retail prices? I wanted to buy Power 3 but I am worried. Normally when that happens is either the company is going out of Bus or there is newer modle coming up. Any insight?
myoussif
i wondered about this also - perhaps a blunt email to sonic-frontiers asking *them* about it? regards, doug
I suspect that it is a case of the equiptment not being a good match for some peoples systems. Their new line of tube amps and preamps has a somewhat lean sound, not lush or romantic. They may be very neutral and acurate but may not be musicly pleasing especially in systems with bright forward sounding speakers and cables, not to mention 16 bit digital sources. I have been tempted to try a Line 2, it seems like a great buy at the prices they are going for. It would probably not be a good match also because it is heavily dedicated to balanced in/out which my associated equiptment is not set up for. Essentially half of the circuitry would not be used. I also read in a review (Stereo Times) that the SE inputs tend to overload easilly. Anyone out there have experience with these Line stages operated SE?
Doug, You know I once talked to SFI and they said that everything is fine, they working on their 5 channel amp, and will be offering an upgrade to their Processor 3 to support the 24/96. You see I purchased the Transport 3/Processor 3/ Line 3. I also purchased their Assembly upsampler, I was thinking of purchasing the Power 3 but some what worried.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I bought my Power 3 from audiogon.com., brand new, in the box, from a dealer whose store closed and had overstock.. I've had the power3 for about 4 months now, have spoken to SFI on the phone for some technical questions. I don't why you feel the company is having problem.. The power 3 is one of the best tube amp out there for the money. They are also built beautifully...If you have any question, you are welcomed to email me. Good luck. I think the Stereophile review on the power3 has a lot to do with why there are many overstock amps out there.