Air Bladder Isolation, Cheap

(As reported in Soundstage) I am very impressed with sonic improvements using 12-14" X 2" bicycle inner tube under CDP with mass loading on top. Local dept store bicycle dept has tube for $6 and hand air pump for $4. Using just enough air in tube to provide 1" height when fully loaded, and placing mass loading on top......you can buy Bright Star little rock $1-200, or buy 10-25lb metal barbell plate (can wrap in black dish cloth) or use lead shot in black sock etc. Provides deeper bass and more 3D soundstage than any cone or similar device, better than vibrapod, good for detailed SS systems, anyone else tried similar set-up, Sam
128x128megasam
I recommend avoiding using metal shelves or plates under or on top of audio components. In my experience this can cause audible sonic degradation, i.e. brightness and hash.
I've used 12.5" and 16" bike tire innertubes under components for some time, but fairly recently found that they work better if filled with water instead of air. Oil might be even better, but I haven't fitured out a good way of getting it into the tube without making a big mess. I taken no responsibility for your mess if you try. [:-)]