Are audiophiles pot heads???

In the recent Listener there is a picture of a cute babe with her fingers to her mouth as if she is hitting on a joint.Under the picture it says"This is why (her name) does not date audiophiles.Is this just a joke or is there some truth to this?
david99
Seems to me being an audiophile means you dont have any money to spare for gas, beer, or grass. Only time Listener gets a read is when I get off the bus at the stop in front of Barnes and Nobel after a 12 hour day. Not only free reads and usage of the water fountain till 11 pm. Well got go, think the new tubes i had imported for my Ongaku should come today......
I'd guess diehard audiophiles are not primarily potheads. When you're strait, your system must naturally possess more resolution to sound expressive. Desiring and acheiving that requires insight and dedication to reality. In contrast, dopers habitually rely on chemicals to turn on their musical appreciation. As such they can make do with less elaborate systems. In the short run, it's cheap and easy. Which is the wiser course? Pound for pound, I'll take good gear over killer pot any day of the week. The intensity of enjoying music strait is cleaner, all natural, more accessible, enduring, memorable and repeatable. Added bonus: when a babe appears, you get the chance to genuinely commmunicate with her. There's no telling where that could lead - musical 'reproduction'?