Why is it so much more civil over here on Agon?

A member on another forum site asked an honest question, check out his question and some of the responses. Is it because of the moderators here on Audiogon, or is it because the members here would not put up with it?
Was I justified in giving my response? I have no idea what the follow up response will be.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/390279.html
jea48

Why is it so much more civil over here on Agon?
I think this question can be best answered by a thread a fellow member posted on 9-4-05. The outpouring of heart felt compassion and support says it all.

Jim
I think this question can be best answered by a thread a fellow member posted on 9-4-05.
Sorry I should of mentioned the thread title....

"Audio Obsession and Clinical Depression"

As a German living in Russia, speaking Russian, French and enough Spanish to get by, and participating in forums in a few of this languages, let me tell you, after three years of participating in this forum, that it is special indeed, with more knowledge and more manners than any other forum I know. There is quite a few people I got to know here on audiogon I would like to meet, but, alas, the US still is quite a few miles from Moscow.
I don't think it is. I think the format of AA causes threads to drop out of sight rapidly discourages long threads. However, the format allows diatribes between two AA members which encourages incivility. The moderators here do remove entire threads that get contentious and on AA this is less common and more visible as the moderator posts that it has been moved to a more "appropriate" site.
Hassel,

How is the audiophile scene in Moscow? What brands of gear can you get there that we in the West might know about? How about components Russian or anything else we might not have heard of?

We have retail stores with names like the Audio Farm over here. IF you walk through Moscow is there anything like HiFi Dascha or звуковые небеса?

Have a good one,
Dean