Why is it so much more civil over here on Agon?

A member on another forum site asked an honest question, check out his question and some of the responses. Is it because of the moderators here on Audiogon, or is it because the members here would not put up with it?
Was I justified in giving my response? I have no idea what the follow up response will be.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/390279.html
jea48
Because of the format, threads come and go more swiftly on AA and have a greater initial burst of responses. I see no other difference.
Knowledge is stored in three formats.

1... Genetic...For example: A bird knows exactly how to build it's species nest, without ever seeing one. It is hard coded in the brain.

2... Remembered from the animal's life experience. For example: Bears know when the salmon are running, and they teach their young.

3... Externally stored. Only humans do this. Books, discs, even Audiogon.

External storage, which you discount, is a powerful advantage because it means that each individual does not have to start from zero, and can build upon what prior generations knew, and recorded for posterity. Just think for one moment of all the things you know. Could you have ever figured it all out from your personal life experience?
Eldartford,Very good answer! I for one feel very comfortable with Audiogon!Very few of my friends are into audio,to the extent that audiogoners are,,so my time spent here is pretty much the only time im able to talk with likeminded folks,i get a lot of enjoyment out of my time spent here!!!Many thanks to everyone!Ray

Why is it so much more civil over here on Agon?
I think this question can be best answered by a thread a fellow member posted on 9-4-05. The outpouring of heart felt compassion and support says it all.

Jim