What is the future of redbook players?

From what I read, modern turntables are not what they were when vinyl was in vogue. Yes, no? How about redbook CD players? Is there anything in the horizon via new technology that will give more from the CD media that currently exists? Or has the height of redbook technology been reached?
matchstikman

If you mean that they are much much better now, esp. when you look at value with inflation factored in, I agree with you. If you could get something like a music hall mmf7 in 1980 for the same relative dollars, people would have found it a lot more painful (literally) to start buying thoses early cd players.

IMHO (as always). Technological progress is first to see what can be done at any price and second to do the same thing at the lowest possible price. I suspect that the first phase is close to its end, and there are some signs that the second phase is starting (e.g. Njoe Tjoeb & others).

As always, random thoughts that are worth as much as you paid for them.
I see TTs, and accessories getting better and better. The same with CD only players. I would assume that in the future there will be more Universal players and less CD only players.

Rob
Post removed