Cable support poll.

Having been recently convinced of the benefits of lifting the cables off the floor, what are your prefernces? Foam, rubber, glass, ceramic, wood, stone? I am currently using cut up pieces of long foam pipe insulation from the hardware store.
blueswan
I have a group of very young children doing this for me. It keeps them off the streets and they perform a badly needed service at the same time. Care and feeding's a bitch though!
I use the porcelin black/brown round lifters you can see on Audiogon for sale some time. I like them a lot. I cannot claim to have heard a substantial audio effect, but I also have not done serious comparative testing.
I bought 27 small ceramic pots from a craft store @ 33 cents ea. & just stack them as needed to achieve the height I want.

Don't have a clue if they work or not but they do help keep the cables organized.
Great, now we're all outbidding eachother for insulators on ebay. I can just see the smiles on the listers faces. "Wow, I never thought a glass insulator would bring $200 each." Nothing like bidding agains another Audiophile, cost is no object!
I was using CD jewel cases; but now I just let my Anti Cables "float" from the amp to my stand mounted speakers.

Cheers