EH 6550's?

Does anyone have an opinion on the EH 6550 tubes? I bought a couple of matched quads for what seems like a great price shipped form the Audio Pimp. Then I got the VTV issue, and they didn't even test them. I'm still waiting for my amp to come back from repair to try them, but wondered if anyone has prior experience with them. They're the fat bottle versions.
Thanks,
David
rolloff
I don't know how to establish a clickable link but here's some useful info for you.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_2/power-tube-comparison-6-2002.html
Thanks Wrayray. Jason's actually a member of the BAAS, though I have only been to one meeting and haven't met him. Interesting article. I'll give the EH KT88's a try, if I ever get my amp back.
Hmmmmm....
most people say that the Tung-Sol solid black plate 6550 is the best & right next to that is the re-issue Tung-Sol from New Sensor Corp.
Is my info wrong?????

BTW, I have heard the new/re-issue Tung-Sol in a push-pull power amp twice within the last 2 weeks. I liked the sound of this re-issue tube (but I've not compared it to my winged-C 6550). FWIW.
The EH 6550's are spectacular. Far exceeding what I've heard from Svetlanas, or the Chinese tubes.