Is 9'x11' too small?

I am considering using a small home office as a dedicated listening room. I could clear out the room and have it dedicated to gear only (and a chair or two and CD racks). This would allow me to acoustically treat the space (as I can't now in my listening room of the living room). The problem is (or might be) and my question to you is; the room is only 9'x11'x8', is this too small?
jh2os
Saki70, I had a diagonal placement in one of my previous rooms and loved it. Only problem the room has to be pretty much square to do that, which yours seems to be. Only thing that gets slightly difficult in the diagonal placement is to place speakers far enough from the back/side wall.

Good luck!
Thanks for the help guys.
Restock; I have been wondering about that myself. I will be using Soliloquy 6.2's once they arrive and get broken in. Any suggestions ?

I read, on a reply, that an a'goner stated not to place the equipment in the corner behind the speakers. I asked him why but did not receive an answer. Something to check!
The corner will be a bass maxima. Since the bass will be at it's greatest (maxima) in a corner, it's wise to not place anything sensitive to airborne vibration there (read: 'the audio gear will pick up more vibratations if you put them in the corner'). I know it's neat and convenient to do so, but I would put them someplace else if at all possible.

Aaron
Well, I had some extra time this weekend and I played around with my system a bit.

1. I took up Rene on the suggestion to arrange the speakers and my listening chair at the distances they would be in the new room. Things got a little better, but not incredibly so. If this remained my listening space, I would probably not move stuff around to do 'serious' listening. The benefits were negligible, but it was a worthwhile experience.

2. I drug some of the office furniture out, and moved the system into the proposed room. The soundstage was large and engaging. Deeper than the front wall of the room, and stretching the side walls. In this nearfield listening set-up, the soundstage was also incredibly engaging. The room seems to have great potential considering it was half emptied (although close to what I would have in there if it was a listening room) and no acoustical treatments yet.

I've updated my 'Room Layout?' thread with pictures of both spaces:

Room Layout

Now, to convince the wife. ;)
Jh2os,

that's very close to the size of my room that i just finished. take a look at my system, to see my layout. very close to yours