TV's... what does the typical audiophile have?

Like a good stereo system, does the quality of the picture matter to the enjoyment of a program? Or is a high quality picture even necessary to "get the message" of the show?
So what do you watch your favorite show on?
cdc
50 inch mitsubishi that is 10 years old and the tuner is starting to go out. So if you turn it on the first 1 to 2 hour only channels 45-67 work properly, then after the 1 to 2 hr warm up it works properly so you dont shut it down till you go to bed just turn the volume down. ( It`s getting ready for father`s day as I on the computer).
I plan to buy a new one since in that industry there to is a format war to. I was going to buy a plasma but I don`t like widescreen so the one I`m interested is the new DLP technology Mitsubishi has their`s comming in coulpe of month`s, so until then I will let it warm up. Beside`s I have had the upgrade itch on a tubed linestage so maybe the TV can wait what do you think? David
Bigger is better.... 103" Vultec SilverStar screen
Sanyo Z4 (replaced an Optoma H76 DLP which was a mistake to replace..)
when you go this big quality input is required or you will get crap out... so a Lumagen upscaler is used... Absolutely the best money spent.. There is nothing like surfing on a 103" screen. Toshiba HD-DVD is amazing, Nintedo Wii and xbox are also fun...

My main Computer monitor (serving 3 PC's) is a 37" LCD Westinghouse 1080p with a second 20" Dell LCD and a 768meg Evga 8800GTS card, and bedroom has another 37" for that Media Center PC. Guest room has another Samsung 19" LCD TV/Monitor on a server system.

HP TabletPC for slimserver control and so I can watch my tv anywhere from my HD slingbox.