What do you like about your "favorite" retailer?

Hi everyone,
I'm having a debate with a few friends and I thought you might be able to help us out.

The question has come up about audio retailers: What makes your favorite retailer your favorite? What qualities, practices, etc. keep you going back?

Last, if you have a favorite retailer, why do you buy product from them instead of A-Gon?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Cheers,
Mike
mikej
A good retailer must be honest, represent high quality product lines and have a strong enthusiasm for audio retailing. They must be customer focused and provide assistance to their prospects and customers when auditioning equipment and various upgrades. They need to understand live music and how to put together high quality audio systems for different prices ranges. A willingness to listen and understand the needs of their customers is very important. Facilities for equipment repairs and for selling used equipment is a great plus for a retailer. A friendly atmosphere, fair prices, limited sales pressure and home trial-outs are important items for a good retailer. I am very happy with my audio retailer and have purchased several items from him over the years.
Larry at Hollywood Sound (Agon Dealer) is a turntable guru and is relentless at helping when the manufacturer balks or drags his feet. He does not subscribe to the theory that newer/more expensive=better

I like listening to music. I hate fiddling with small parts and measurements and angles. He set up my TT, and I relax and listen.
The massage parlor in back and all that gratuitous sex! Oh, and I like retailers that always ask me if I want paper or plastic, and who double-bag the heavy stuff and offer to carry it out to my car for me. But most of all I like the sex. Yeah, that honesty crap just pales in comparison!

Marco
His bussiness is his hobby and his passion is his hobby. In this world of e-commerce it is very difficult for a bick and mortar store to be sucsessful. To have my bussiness it take`s many different variables. Knowledge is probably the most important then price, inventory ext. ext. Anolog is his mainstay plus he stocks about 300 new 180gr records sometimes its better to touch the record`s and ask question`s why he would buy it. Try to get that from Music Direct, Elusive Disc, Acoustic Sounds, not to say I still don`t buy from them but knowledge over a land line is just not the same.Plus he has a great manufactor linecard of some hard to find manufactors.
If your in Seattle go check out Experience Audio in the U District. David
UNFORTUNATLY, I DON`T HAVE A FAVORITE DEALER right now.
Dweller is RIGHT on the money. I too deal with ALOT
of Chicago places, and the bottom line is:
IF you`re not spending a TON of money at a place,
they WON`T waste their time on you!
I remember a nice place WAS Musicraft!
BUT they went out-of-business in 1994.
Their offshoot from that store was a
NOW BIG home theater store. When they WERE A SMALL
store, they used to great me when I walked in,
and YES I spent at least $4000 in 3 years time at
their store. When they moved into a bigger store,
their service became sooo bad, NOBODY greated me
UNLESS I was spending $1000 OR MORE at a time.
THEIR SERVICE DEPT. IS SOOOO BAD THEY COULDN`T
EVEN FIX THE LAST 3 PIECES THAT I BROUGHT IN TO THEM.
Therefore, I REFUSE to give them anymore of my
money ever again! Forgive me IF I sound JADED,
but how would YOU FEEL?