What's on your reading list?

What do you plan to read this summer? What are you reading now?
I am currently reading "Degrees Kelvin" by David Lindley, published by Joseph Henry Press. The biography of Sir William Thomson, Lord Kelvin. He was a 19th century physicist probably best known for dicsovering the temperature at which atoms cease to move: -273.15 degrees Celsius (0 degrees Kelvin or absolute zero). He also performed a lot of the early groundwork for theories of electromagnetism and thermodynamics. Lord Kelvin devised a new compass for ships that would work well when surrounded by steel as the world's ship building began to move from wooden to iron vessels. A fascinating figure from history.
slipknot1
I spend too much time reading the posts on audiogon to do much other reading...other than a few magazines & newspapers...It mst be the ADD...LOL
I started about 7 books since December and finished none of them. Most of these books are English translated books by Hegel, Merilieu Ponte (sp), and I just can't stand how choppy the translations are. Only book that remains is the Lexus and the Olive tree which is my bathroom reader at the moment. I read about 5 pages per visit...
Ulysess-James Joyce
Working Poor
Nickled and Dimed-Getting by in America-Ehrenreich
Wazzup All!

Just finished 'In The Company Of Heroes'. A first-hand account by helicopter pilot(Night Ranger) Michael Durant. He was the chopper pilot who went down and was captured in Mogadishu, as depicted in the book and movie 'Black Hawk Down'. Talk about a profile of courage. One of the most interesting facts in the book was a revelation about none other than Ross Perot. I never knew (most people don't) what a benefactor he is to our troops. Apparently whenever a special ops soldier is in any kind of jam and the resources of our govt. are limited, in steps Perot. Providing financial, medical, and in the case of M. Durant, was a major player in the negotiations for his freedom. He never asks for any kind of acknowledgement or thanks for his efforts but according to the book, the special ops forces are all aware of his benevolence and love him for it. You know, when he ran for office many thought that his ideas were too off the wall, bordering on nuts. In retrospect, I realize now that the man is a true patriot and a hero. Too bad he doesn't feel like running now.......
Hooked on Phonics!

Actually I've been doing more writing than reading over the last few months. I've completed one short story and have three others that I am currently working on, not to mention a novel about half done.

The last couple of books I read were collections of short stories.

If you want a good laugh, find a copy of Steven Leacock's "Nonsense Novels." He is unbelievably funny. Great with the turn of a phrase!