What's on your reading list?

What do you plan to read this summer? What are you reading now?
I am currently reading "Degrees Kelvin" by David Lindley, published by Joseph Henry Press. The biography of Sir William Thomson, Lord Kelvin. He was a 19th century physicist probably best known for dicsovering the temperature at which atoms cease to move: -273.15 degrees Celsius (0 degrees Kelvin or absolute zero). He also performed a lot of the early groundwork for theories of electromagnetism and thermodynamics. Lord Kelvin devised a new compass for ships that would work well when surrounded by steel as the world's ship building began to move from wooden to iron vessels. A fascinating figure from history.
slipknot1
When it comes to reading I have a very bad habit of starting many books and finishing very few. Right now I'm in the midst of between 5 and 10 books in varying stages.

Some of them have to do with the history of the Mongol invasions of Europe, the Middle East and Japan, the art and personality of Leonardo Da Vinci, Galilleo's letters to his daughter, a Native American biography and a book about an ex-KBG man who snuck box loads of secret documents out of Moscow over a twenty year period.

Last summer I was engrossed in Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, and The Da Vinci Code, and when the new Harry Potter book is released that will probably jump to the top of the stack.

Thanks for giving me a kick in the pants Slipknot1! Reading in an air conditioned room while camped in my listening chair is a nice way to pass a hot day.
I read everyday for lunch. "Florida Roadkill" if you like black comedy. It's great. More to come.
Resurrecting Empire: Western Footprints and America's Perilous Path in the Middle East by Rashid Khalidi

Khalidi is the "Edward Said Chair in Arab Studies and director of the Middle East Institute at Columbia University".
"The Culture of Make Believe" by Derrick Jensen. I'm re-reading this disucssion of our world for the 3rd time. I believe it is a must read for everyone. Perhaps the most enlightening and disturbing book I've ever read.

"A Short History of Nearly Everything" by Bill Bryston. Again, I'm re-reading a great book. What a book to share with young folk!