A call to use the system A'Gon has in place...

I have come to a point where I have to ask members and non members to use the rating system AudioGon has in place. When posting an ad, the rating guide is right there for you. What you call a 10/10 I may not, so rather than use our own system, please rate your stuff accordingly.

Thanks.

m-
mdomnick
I agree, I have listed an amp here as a 6/10 and you will not believe how many people get scared off over that rating. they all think the amp is a piece of junk. a 6/10 is to expected with something over 5 years old.

most persons would have rated the same amp an 8/10 or 9/10, albeit, contrary to the A-gon rating system
Heres a thought. Everybody needs to go back and read the information on grading again. IT HAS BEEN CHANGED!! The age of an item is no longer a consideration except in the mint 10/10 category. In all other ratings age is not mentioned-only condition.
My only objection to the Agon system is a 9/10 rating says lightly used, an 8/10 rating makes it seem like it has a cosmetic flaw. Suppose you are selling a piece of quality gear, that you have used and enjoyed for a year. Its not lightly used. It has no cosmetic flaws. So what is it , and 8 and 1/2. I feel this needs to be clarified. Thanks.
I tend to like the rating system ,but don't think there should be a 10/10 unless its new or just open box . I think most users are pretty good but others take advantage of the system a bit...I try to under rate a bit and try to provide the right picture of the product before the person gets it.