limited outlets in wall and need for electricity

Hi,

I was hoping to get advice on what to do when your amp, preamp, and cd player's owner's manual all say to plug their equipment directly into the outlet and you only have room for two of them. Is there a product that is recommended? Do you just use one of those extra outlet strips?

Michael
radioheadokplayer
It would probably be cheaper to call an electrician and have more outlets installed than buying a box full of outlets.......Use some decent outlets and 10ga solid core Romex .........Have another circuit pulled off the same phase as the current one in the room and use it for digital and use the first one for analog............
If you don't want to run dedicated lines (or it's impractical) you can gang together multiple outlets and have a nice clean install with minimal fuss and very low cost. I had the same challenge as you're facing, I added three more outlets. Having room to plug in eight components behind your rack is handy and requires very little in the way of electrical knowledge. Is it as good as running multiple dedicated lines? I'm sure it's not but ripping up a bunch of walls to run new lines wasn't practical, this is a good compromise. Good luck, Jeff
Alan, my power delivery/noise control setup is what it is. I do not "match" it to my componnts except for voltage/current requirements. Lak: yes, it was a cryo'ed Absolute--make that $60 vs a $600 power cord. Ouch.
Digital and analog: never the twain should meet. The only way to do this is to have each one on their own line. Have your electrician put in another line for your digital. A Juice Bar, or better yet, a killer power conditioner (you know I favor Audio Magic, but there's oodles out there) for your amp, preamp in the other outlet and you should hear some great things. Best to start with the dedicated line for your digital and a Juice Bar or the like for your analog. That just may do your tympanics fine. If not; Talk to us. peace, warren
Hello Passaudio_Man,
I was just wondering how your BMI Shark IPLC was working out for you. I was contemplating getting one. Thanks for your input.