Concrete tubes: hemholtz resonators? tubes?

During a search on the web I found a blur about using concrete tubes, found at places like Home Depot as bass traps. Has anyone used this before? Will the hard shell reflect more than absorb?
matchstikman
A few years ago, there was an article about this at Headroom (the headphone people). Unfortunately, my company's firewall thinks the link to Room Tubes is about sex and won't let me open it. Maybe you will have better luck: http://web.archive.org/web/20000816145216/www.headphone.com/EditorialHeadroom/RoomTubes.asp
The hollow concrete tubes go by the trade name Sonotube. I've used 'em, but to build a deck and fence (I know, I've failed as a 'phile so far). The exterior of the tubes are shiny and if I had to guess, reflect more than absorb but I really have no practical audio experience with these. In any event you may want to check out HSU's subwoofers, I suspect they use Sonotubes in their design.

Tsouth, your company firewall blocking you is somehow amusing to me.
Tsouthworth,
Good article and interesting information. I just think that implementing so many tubes may make my listening room look like a graveyard of sorts. It is worth exploring.