halogen lighting?

I am starting to plan the interior of my listening room, I saw a post here a while ago that recommended against halogen lighting. I would like to get some low "atmosphere" lighting, with a dimmer swtich as well as the "spot" type halogens. Will these cause electrical interference to my sound system?
thanks,
thumper
joeb
I've been into high-end audio since the mid 70's. My "current" system is pretty much a full blown Cello system, complete with a pair of Grandmasters. During this most recent remodeling job, we ran 5 dedicated 20 amp lines into the den, and used the Cryo-treated Hubbells for the outlets - a huge difference in bass response! As far as the projector goes, I installed a Sanyo PLV-70 into the ceiling, and project it on a Stewart Firehawk screen. The quality of the projected image is awsome, but my true obsession remains two channel audio...
Ken,
Thanks, that really helps clarify things. Obviously, with your system you would clearly hear any "hum" coming from your dimmers. I will see if I can locate those switches. I can't help wondering if the cryo hubbles didn't also help? I just order 4 myself from Albert Porter.
Thanks Again
Joeb:
I think I may have confused you: The dedicated lines with the Hubbells are for the audio & video systems ONLY. Do NOT run the lighting on the same circuts you are running for the audio system - keep them separated, and preferrably far apart! By the way, you will find that Albert Porter is a prince of a guy to deal with, he was kind enough to Cryo-treat some Hubbells I already had a couple of months ago. Additionally, Bob Bundus & Ernie (Subaruguru) who both answered your thread, have each forgotten more than I'll ever know about the technical side of audio. I think my experience with the low-voltage lighting not making any noise was purely dumb luck! Good luck with your project. Ken G.
Ken,
No, don't worry, you didn't mislead me. I know not to run the lights on the same circuits as the audio. And I usually tune in to both Bob and Ernies posts on the tech side. Both, as well as Albert and so many others here have been very helpful in providing me info on a number of issues related to constructing my listening room.