A question concerning ethics

Should business professionals related to the audio field be required to register as such when joining Audiogon or making public posts ? I am talking about those that are involved with manufacturing / marketing / advertising / wholesaling / retailing, etc... audio gear or audio related accessories. After all, if someone is "raving" or "bad-mouthing" a product or product line, i want to know if they are simply a "joe average" end user / consumer or if they have something to gain by promoting or slagging specific products. Would this be out of line in your opinion ?

Obviously, this would be done on the honor system since anybody can make comments with total anonymity and thicken their wallets or take pot-shots at their competition. The fact that MANY that post here have made their affiliations clear only adds credibility to their posts since they were willing to be up-front and honest to begin with. Those that "string along the crowd" can only expect complete distrust once they are found out. I am not going to name names here, but i think that a few of the guilty parties will know who i'm talking about. Sean
>
sean
I forgot, you never answered specifically who "WE" is. Given your self proclaimed new order of high ethics, don't you feel it appropriate to let "WE" members, know who the seeming poltroons are? And what, if any, is your affiliation with them- in any way related to your admitted imminent venture into the industry? Just curious, it may shed some light on the situation. And instead of you and "WE" gathering ammo and launching it, was the option of going to A'gon with the info, and letting them handle it, entertained? I mean if the real goal is true represention and not personal assault, this would seem feasible, no? I'm just curious. And please, just concise answers to these simple questions, no paragraph after paragraph of what I perceive as self aggrandizing rhetoric. Respectfully.
Sean:

--- Original Message ----
"As to my ethics, please be aware that i was asked to participate as a member of the Audiogon Panel. I originally accepted their more than gracious offer but later felt the need to remove myself from their company. I did this for two reasons. First of all, i do intend to venture into the field of audio in a professional capacity. As such, i did not want to run into a conflict of interest when making statements or recommendations. As you can see, things of that nature can turn into a BIG mess. Audiogon assured me that this would not be a problem as my affiliations would be on public display in my "bio" for all to see."

If you are seeking to "venture into the field of audio", you certainly already have "affiliations." With whom? I am sure "WE" would all like to know how your future plans have already forced a "direction" or "bias" in your posts and opinions. You use your "ethics" as they are convenient to you. Speaking and plotting with others against me behind my back, certainly is not ethical. Attempting to destroy my reputation here is not ethical. Sean you are NOT ethical.

"I base this last statement on the fact that the phone number for Chambers Audio is as follows: (503) 221 - 0464 Jonathon's number as listed in his ad's: (503) 221 - 0465.
For those that can't read between the lines, i would ASSUME that this is an extension of the main business line since there is only one digit difference."

You are trying too hard and for what reason or motivation, I do not know. My home phone number is 503.221.0465. My business number is 503.221.0464. US West was quite nice to me when I requested that number, as it was easier for my young son to remember in case of an emergency. Are you happy now?

As to me being on a "witch hunt", i did not start this. It was brought to my attention by other readers of the this forum, some of them business professionals in the audio field. I did a little research based on those comments and forwarded it to a few others that are involved as regulars on this site to get their point of view. These people not only agreed that the situation needed attention and was a prime example of "lack of ethics", they were also able to contribute further information to my prior findings.

If you have no "affiliations", why would "business professionals in the audio field" come to you? You have not been honest and I question your ethics. You are not the moderator here, the folks at Audiogon are. I would think if "other readers of this forum" and "business professionals in the audio field" had questions they would have directed them, as they should have, to Audiogon. You obviously have a PERSONAL AGENDA.

Since this "investigation" had turned into a group project, i chose to use the word "WE" in some of my posts. I did not feel right that others might perceive this as a "solo effort" since others had both initiated and contributed to the information that i had originally posted. Nor did i want Jtinn or others to think that this came out of any type of personal grievance or vendetta that i may have against him.

You are so obsessed and adamant, one cannot help but think this is personal in nature. Until you make it absolutely clear as to who ALL my accusers are, you are on a "solo effort." Your avoidance to specifically respond to these questions, as noted from your previous posts to similar inquiries, supports my statement that you are alone in this. If not, why the refusal, and or, inability to answer openly and honestly. Perhaps you are hiding a personal agenda behind this so called "WE"? Until I know the answer to who "WE" are, it seems obvious that your statement of "Nor did i want Jtinn or others to think that this came out of any type of personal grievance or vendetta that i may have against him" is a personal "Joe McCarthy attack" and is false. WHO IS NEXT?

You flatter me with this attention and free advertising. You have advertised my website address publicly, which I never did. You advertised my business number publicly which I never did. And, you have made it clear to people that they can contact me if they need audio equipment, which I never did. The reason I never posted these things is precisely because I never intended to profit from my statements. I stayed objective and have endorsed other products as passionately as those I carry.

Sean, you are acting pathetically. You have wasted my time as well as others with this ridiculous "personal" attack. You are a "self appointed" judge and jury.

It is obvious by your remarks and attacks that you are making me out to be worse than Adolf Hitler.

Regardelss of how you try to paint this, with your supposed altruistic intentions, an objective read of this situation wreaks of a personal vendetta. I take hombrage to this and find your behavior both heineous (anus?) and loathsome.