How Much Do You Need to Spend on a PC?

I've seen numerous posts on power cords lately that compare KC, FB, FIM, and others. Most of these cords are priced from well over 500 to thousands of dollars each. What are some of the lesser priced (~500 or less) power cords that can perform at 85% - 95% of these astronomically priced PCs. I currently use inexpensive Transparent Powerlinks and Super Powerlinks, better then my stock PCs, but I'm sure there is better.
tom_munro
I had a H.T. pro-ac 11 for my Rogue 99 power supply but heard no improvment at all.I burned it in for 400 hours and nothing.The stock cord is back in place and the H.T. back to the dealer.I have the Pro-silway MK 2 so I do like their products just not the PC in my system. Im planning on getting either the Pro-9's or 11's soon.So I dont have anything against H.T.
Hi Decay, I thought the Coincident PC sa $275 was quite good. I have seen 1 or 2 being sold at $150. I think Trelja is using a silver PC or was going to try one out. Maybe Trelja could give us his thoughts on the silver PC if he has tried it. I believe the silver Trelja was going to try is at the $200 area.
Dekay no,I'm a analog guru.The cheap CDP I have has a captive cord and the amp at the time was a Dynaco ST-70 with a captive cord.I now have an Alep-3 but I believe the PC that came with it is sufficient.Im sure the Pro-AC 11 would have stayed if I was into digital and had a decent CDP.THE Pro-Ac 11's have received very good reviews.
I have owned or have experience with the following cords MIT Z (original), XLO, LAT, BMI Edge (entry level cord), Blue Cirlce BC 62 and Cardas Golden. For the money, the BC 62 and the Cardas Golden (I paid $200 for the Cardas, about $160 for the BC 62) are, IMO, excellent values. The Cardas is warmer, more musical in my opinion, but the BC offers very good value when compared to the Cardas at their respective retail prices. The cheaper cords I've used have tended to be more forward, edgier and less musical. On Audio Asylum, there is a lot of discussion about DIY cords and in the past week I've put a Volex 17604 re-terminated with a good quality Hubbell male end on my DVD player (which I use to listen to music). Total cost of the 17604 and Hubbell plug-$20. I had to buy an adaptor from Harmonic Tech ($45) with a small two-pin connection from the DVD player to IEC to hook up the Volex cord. The improvements were not subtle: I'd put them in the same league as upgrading from an Arcam 7 CD player to the 8 or 8SE which I used to own and that cost in the $300-$400 area. There's been a lot of talk at AA suggesting that the Volex if properly terminated is a cord capable of competing with a lot of the $300-$500 cords. Don't know whether it's true or not, but it's definitely worth $20 and betters the LAT, XLO, MIT Z and BMI Edge. A very musical cord with little to find fault with. If you want, you can also buy a quality female IEC and re-terminate at that end, possibly improving performance even further.