How Much Do You Need to Spend on a PC?

I've seen numerous posts on power cords lately that compare KC, FB, FIM, and others. Most of these cords are priced from well over 500 to thousands of dollars each. What are some of the lesser priced (~500 or less) power cords that can perform at 85% - 95% of these astronomically priced PCs. I currently use inexpensive Transparent Powerlinks and Super Powerlinks, better then my stock PCs, but I'm sure there is better.
tom_munro
Hi Tom_munroe, I hope I don't raise a few eyebrows but I found that the PS audio Lab cable in amps is Quite good and can be had used for $250 to $300. A used cobra is also very good at $600 to $700. I agree with Avguygeorge, I have yet to hear a $300 to $500 PC that can do what the more costly ones do.
My system is a music/ht system: Meridian 561 & 508.24 (cd transport), Bryston 7BST monos, and Thiel CS7.2s. I have been seriously looking at upgrading the Bryston 7BSTs, but have also thought about keeping the Brystons and going with a tube preamp w/HT pass through, and adding better power cords.
But, what are the $200.00 and under cords that the members have had good results with? Did everyone start with a three to five hundred dollar on up cord? I use the Harmonic Tech Pro II PC on my DAC (previosly used it on my all in one player) with much noticeable improvement over the stock cords. What about Silver Audio ($189.00), Mapleshade ($150.00) and others. Any info on these? I think that this is a great thread (for me and Tom). I for one cannot afford $300.00 on up PC's, but would still like to improve my system.
I had a H.T. pro-ac 11 for my Rogue 99 power supply but heard no improvment at all.I burned it in for 400 hours and nothing.The stock cord is back in place and the H.T. back to the dealer.I have the Pro-silway MK 2 so I do like their products just not the PC in my system. Im planning on getting either the Pro-9's or 11's soon.So I dont have anything against H.T.