How can I improve Apple iTunes through my system?

How can I improve my new Apple Macintosh G5 playing iTunes through my Linn sound system?

Can I bypass the volume control on the Mac so it feeds line level to the Linn system?

I also have iMac and PowerBooks that I would like to do the same with.

I import my CDs as AIFF uncommpressed files.

Sound quality is of most importance, not price!
onlinn
First off, be weary of any ma-audio cards as they dont work in the g5's pci-x slots. Second, make sure your processor performance is set to auto or choose for me in energy saver panel as it will keep the fans dead silent. I would look at a monarchy audio or audio alchemy jitter filter, they will help as the digital out is so much better. Try connecting the g5 to a power conditioner or the same ground as your stereo. If the serial ATA drives get to loud then try a external firewire drive that you can place out of the way. I have also had good luck with placing a older gigabit ethernet g4 in another room and running full gigabit to the g5, do not really have any bandwidth issues for movies or music and don't hear the 10k scsi drives spinning away with the g4.
pe3046, it should be noted that the entry level g5 has pci, not pci-x slots. The other 2 models in the line up, as you correctly stated, have the brand new pci-x slots.
Brimac, there is still an issue with the pci slots in the entry level G5 since it only accepts 3.3 volt cards. Also the G5 is very quiet, espescially compared to late model G4. It can sit in the listening room and not draw any attention to itself.
My wife and I went to see my Grandparents in Albany Oregon, just two weeks ago. We drove to Corvallis and took advantage of the 'no sales tax' in Oregon and bought a G5. The middle model. The saved sales tax got us a really nifty digital camera. It had not thought to use my G5 as an audio source, although we don't have a high end audio feed in our computer room.

Thanks folks. Interesting thread.