Know of a "Dirt Cheap" tweak?

I am looking for tweaks to improve the overall sound quality of my audio system. I recently purchased some TPC contact cleaner and it made a believer out of me. I noticed a signicant improvement, as if a veil was lifted my system sounded more clear and transparent. Bass got tighter too. Do you know of any cheap tweaks that have made a SIGNIFICANT improvement to the sound quality of your Hifi system...let us know... :-) Comments welcomed!
kasboot
I would seriously question the wisdom of possessing nutmeg under the imminent Bush administration but agree fully with its value to those of us who know fresh-grated from packaged-powdered.
An ENT doctor friend of mine says it is the best tweek. Then again, it is good for business I guess.
Had a brief "thread discussion" with Dekay on this about a week ago and decided to try it as my CD player went out of warranty about a month ago. Go to Home Depot and buy the industrial vinyl floor tiles (3 at about 80 cents apiece). The industrial tile is much heavier and "deader" than the thinner peel and stick but requires an adhesive. Being lazy, I bought 3M outdoor reinforced carpet tape (double-sided) which is black and VERY tacky. Cut pieces and attached them to the underside of the lid of the player and the sides (except where ventilation holes were). The results-a definite improvement in bass performance-bass became more powerful and easier to follow. There was also an increase in transparency with individual instruments becoming clearer and easier to hear-vocals, particularly ends of sentences or verses where the voice "trails off" were much more easily discernable. On the whole, fuller, but also cleaner sound. Definitely worthwhile. $2.50 for the tiles $7.00 for the carpet tape. (Canadian $) My equipment is not ultra-high end so YMMV. Blake
Good go Blake: Now you make me want to tweak my tweak as I just used peel off stick on tile that I found behind the fridge when having linoleum installed. I need to power eveything down to work on my cabinet in a couple of weeks and will try it on my CAL player this time instead of the cheap mini system and let you know what happens. The CAL is somewhat brick like already, but you never know til you try. I like the carpet tape, which should be pretty easy to remove and clean off with a solvent if I need to remove the tile.