Tubes - Top hats, and Tube socks

Tubes - Top hats, and Tube socks, Do either of these work? Is one better than the other? This is for a preamp(6DJ8) application. Where can they be purchased?
miketw
Thanks for the input. Are there multiple types of top hats or only one for each tube size/type?
Miketw-only one size for all the small tube types. Kevin Deal is right--that's the leanness I mentioned. See if they offer a money back guarantee.
Thanks Rcprince for the input. Keven at Upscale is right. A tweak doesn't necessarily make it better, just modifies the sound. Whether it's an improvement is a matter of preference. I've been playing with all kinds of isolation devices, power cords, cones, and other kinds of tweaks. Today I put something under everything, and the sound was too analytical. More detail, yes, but less musical. So go slow and don't assume more is more.
Tried the Octal Tube Dampers from Vintage. There work extremely well. The blackness between images, depth, and width of the soundstage improved, as well as inner detail. If you have octal tubes in your system, you've got to try these. I put them on the 4 Tungsol 6sn7 tubes inside my Wyetech Opal pre. They come with a 30 day money back trial period. I can only imagine how much better my VAC 30/30 Mk 3 would have sounded with these things. And they look cool, as they are made of polished solid brass.