HELP!!!!.....RCA to XLR Termination

I would like to reterminate my AQ RCA interconnect to XLR plug. Can anyone suggest where and how should I get help? Thanks
ugin
Hi Grumpy. An exellent technical paper on this subject can be found on the RANE Pro Audio website at (http://www.rane.com/pdf/note110.pdf). It includes illustrations for 22 different output to input scenarios which you may run into. Note that the pin-outs for XLR connections in this paper are for the European standard, which most pro audio manufactures also use. You may want to check with Fostex to see which standard they use as Fostex's main focus is pro audio. Hope this helps.
Hi Grumpybb! If you're lucky the fostex manual may tell you how the XLR's are wired. Whether in or out of phase it ought to still work but it would be nice to get it right. Of course some stuff fitted with XLR's isn't truly balanced anyway. So if you can, find out whether pin 2 or 3 is the hot one inside the DAT. Then again some preamps invert polarity too... Good luck!
Hey Ugin...just to be safe...you should check with the manufactuere of your balanced source (or amp if it should be an amp) and ask them which pin is hot. This will prevent you from burning your house down ;)
Mfgrep is correct; you should check w/the manufacturer. Check your users manual as it often contains that particular spec. The standard these days is pin 2 hot (the argument has died down considerably over the last ten years or so).