Various Bearing Isolation Devices

After you have spent a fortune on Audio components, interconnects/cables, AC power cord/line conditioner, room treatments, and even good equipment rack......playback isolation is critical for good sound. You can only go so far with cones and soft compond feet. The new bearing designs such as Symposium Rollerblock and Aurious MIB, seem to offer the next step by offering horz and vert isolation while simultaneously draining vibration from component to base, which should be one of many aftermarket products by Symposium, Townsend, Rosanite etc which absorb vibration. CD players and turntables have motors which develop internal rotational vibration which must be drained off.........I want to buy a base and bearing supports, anyone have some feedback on what is a good set-up, regards Sam
128x128megasam
Honoluluan, for what it is worth, I was so amazed at the similarity of your response to my own experience, that I failed to notice the errors. Have you tried the Iso Bearings? They are soft like Mod Squad and other "soft" feet, but share the bearing principal with the Rollerblock.
Part one of my upgrade is complete, my Target VR5 rack now has Symposium Shelf platform under CD palyer. Shelf is same 18 X 14 as existing shelf, which are vinyl wrapped composite. After inserting Symposium 1.25 thick multilayer shelf I used included metal blocks to couple CD player to polished aluminum shelf surface, thus draining rotational vibrations from CD player. Sound is now firmer, more powerful, with more air and seperation. Instead of metal mounting blocks you can use metal or composite cones to couple CD player to shelf, I have some polycrystal standard cones I will try. I am waiting for my rollerblocks, but factory is back ordered a couple weeks, can't make them fast enough. I decided to go this route because Symposium system is much more elegant than Bright Star mass loading/air bladder concept, of course there are other air platform/bases at various higher prices......Townshend, Vibrapalne, Aricci Suspense etc. but Symposium is affordable and you can go one step at a time......will let you know how roller blocks work, regards Sam
I'm clueless about which are decent isolation devices especially when there are so many screeming for attention. Would like to know which are the best value? Also, under which components (other than a tt and t/port) are they of additional benefit?
I just received 2 sets of the Vistek Aurious mib isolation bearings and the detail and soundstage are jaw dropping !Everything is in tighter focus and more information is realized .I used one set under my tube digital gear and another under my tube pre amp. I have owned almost every type of cone and soft device,Polycrystal, Marigo ,BDR ,Golden sound, Audioquest Big feet and vibrapods.I have tried all sorts of DIY isolation tables(sand inner tubes)I even got creative and used combinations with added MDF shelves as well as different materials such as slate.They all made a difference and some sounded better than others but none to the level of the Aurious bearings.Happy listening.
Lihifiguy: Where do you obtain the Vistek Aurious bearings? How much do they cost per set? Under what components do you find they work best? Are you a hermit, by any chance, as you seem to be such an expert on ISOLATION?? Kidding!