EAD lacks power compared to Sherbourn

I just picked up and EAD Powermaster 1000. It is replacing a sherbourn 5/1500a. The EAD has a cleaner and more musical sound but has a much lower output (volume). They are both rated 200 wpc. I'm wondering if I bought a problem. It sounds good but I'm running my prepro (Sunfire TGII) at a much higher level...is there a way do a simple check with a volt meter?
Thanks
truthrider
Wow. If the spec's that Distortion provided are accurate, that would explain the problem. You need over twice as much drive from the Pre / Pro into the EAD to even come close to achieving the same output levels with half the drive going into the Sherbourn. With an amp that insensitive, i can see a lot of people having problems driving them or experiencing a lack of dynamics. Sean
>
The spec on the EAD manual says .5v rms...and the impedance is 20k- is there a different #. A question that may provide benefit to others is...Is there a way to test this for diagnostics?
If the EAD actually was .5 volt input sensitivity, that would make it very sensitive to minor volume adjustments and you would have blown it or your speakers up by now driving it as hard as you are at -20 on a TG II. You really need to contact EAD and see what their thoughts are. With an input sensitivity like that, i can think of NO reason for what you are experiencing. Sean
>