Soundstage there/gone/moves - poor current ????

Here is my problem. My system can have a huge soundstage which fills up half the room. Imaging is beautiful. Everything has its own place in space. The sound is comming from everywhere but the speakers. The problem is this just does not happen very often. One day it can sound very good and the next very bad. It can sound very good for several hours and then sound bad the next hour. I can listen and hear the soundstage change from good to bad or bad to good. I can hear the drums roll across the ceiling and 30 min. later it will roll across the floor. I have trouble shot everything. This will occur with all sources(CDP,TT,Tuner). It happens with 3 different amps, 3 different preamps, and 2 different speakers. My system is in the master bedroom. My question is has anyone had this kind of problem and what was done to fix this? Can poor current cause this problem? I am going to put in some dedicated lines with porter ports hoping this might clean this up. I have had some help and this was suggested. Even if it does not work it still will be a good investment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Mark
cmcrbeas
The surest way to rest your mind at ease, if its possible/practical, would be to have a couple of dedicated lines installed. If that's not possible, I would check out what outlets are on the circuit you are using. Many times these outlets are daisey-chained from one to another. If the outlet you're using is at the end of the chain, this is not optimal. Every outlet needs to be replaced (w/high quality ones-no push in wire types)leading up to the outlet you're using for your stereo. Also, ask the electrician if it's possible to pigtail a wire of the splice to power the outlet. Many times the cheapest outlets are used and the easiest way to continue the run from one outlet to another is to simply push wires in the back of the outlets. Dedicated circuits are the way to go. However, if the feed going into your service box is not up to date, i.e., old/undersized, get a new hobby or move! You'll could end up spending a fortune and not getting the results you want. Unfortunarely, the AC power is so polluted nowadays and that computer in the house isn't helping one bit. You're right, this is one fustrating hobby. Acceptance is virtue. Good Luck, Bill
As Nighthawk suggests, I would investigate whether an internal connection in one of your loudspeakers, maybe at a driver or in a crossover, is somehow intermittant.
Why don't you list your equipment so everyone has a better idea what they are dealing with.

My speakers are fine. I checked to make sure the tweeters are working. It does this with 2 different speakers. All connections are good also.

I am having an electrician come over today to look at what I want done and hopefully get this installed next week. I will post my results.

Mark

Just wanted to update my results after having dedicated lines and porter ports installed one week ago. I have four dedicated lines and will have to say it makes a huge difference. The soundstage is stable and the sound gets better every day as the lines break in. I am told it takes about 3 weeks before everything starts to settle in.

I do want to thank all responses from this post.

Mark