System warmup?

Why does it take 15-20 min. of play before system sounds best when everything is broken-in and all components are always on, not even standby?
sheffb
Slappy, Is it even less less crappy after an hour?
I would think after 2 hours of warm up it would be great as it likely ran out of crap. ( you sure got a laugh out of me on that one )
Dave
Vallyplastic,
I would have thought so too. But just like my dogs and thier crap, its like jesus and his basket of fish.

heheheh
This could be a troll post but here goes the 5 cent explanation:-

Electronics has always been sensitive to temp. changes & it is well-know fact that variations in temp. has a moderate/drastic effect on the perf. The moderate/drastic effect comes from how the designer implemented the circuit i.e. did he take temp. effects into account or not. As the current flows thru the electronics, the devices heat up but the ambient air around them is still cold in comparison & so during this time the perf. varies. It takes a while for the enclosed air inside the chassis to equalize in temp. Once the temp. stabilizes then there is no more heating to take place & the electronics is surrounded by an isothermal which allows the various bias operating points of the devices to stabilize. Now the devices begin operating where the designer intended them to. In ss gear this takes 20-30 minutes at a min & in tube gear it takes about 1 hr.
I'm afraid it's just the nature of the beast!